Got leftover chicken from dinner? Why not make this tasty chicken salad for lunch the next day! This recipe for Chicken and Celery Salad has only a few ingredients but is packed with flavor. If you don’t have leftovers, you can even use a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from the supermarket. Or, try poaching chicken breasts using this quick and easy recipe: How to Poach Chicken for Salads.
Delicious served on a lettuce leaf, crackers, or bread.
CHICKEN AND CELERY SALAD
(makes approximately 2 cups)
4 Tbsp mayonnaise
1-2 Tbsp Dijon mustard (start with 1 Tbsp and increase if necessary)
Salt and pepper, to taste
12oz/300g cooked chicken (QUICK TIP: Save time by using a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from the supermarket OR try poaching your own chicken breasts using this quick and easy recipe: How to Poach Chicken for Salads.)
3 sticks of celery, thinly sliced
2 scallions/spring onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- Prepare the dressing by combining all the dressing ingredients in a large bowl and whisking together. (You will add the salad ingredients directly on top of the dressing, so make sure your bowl is big enough.)
- Cut or shred the cooked chicken into small bite-size pieces, and put into the bowl on top of the dressing. (You can use leftovers, a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, or grill/poach some chicken breasts.)
- Slice the celery and scallions/spring onions. Add them to the bowl on top of the chicken.
- Using a spatula or large spoon, fold all the ingredients together.
- Taste and add salt/pepper if necessary.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat. Serve on lettuce, crackers or bread.