If you like dips with a real kick, you will love this Garlic-Chilli Creme Dip recipe. It has got 5 ingredients, most of which you probably have in your home right now.
Great for dipping raw veggies or grilled seafood.
GARLIC-CHILLI CREME DIP
(makes 1 cup)
3/4 cup creme fraiche (or sour cream)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely grated (if you are not very keen on raw garlic, just use 1 garlic clove)
1/8 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
- Prepare the Garlic Creme by putting the creme fraiche and mayonnaise in a bowl and mixing together until well combined.
- Peel and grate 1-2 garlic cloves (I use the fine side of a regular cheese grater). I use 2 garlic cloves to get a pronounced garlic flavor which can kick through the creme fraiche and mayonnaise, but you can use 1 garlic clove if you want to keep it more subtle.
- Add the red chilli powder and sea salt. Mix well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. This can be made a day in advance.