I’ll admit it – I often have trouble trying to time my roast and potatoes to be ready at the same time. My solution is to serve potato salad, which can be prepared upto a day in advance and then whipped out just before everyone comes to the table.
This elegant Potato and Arugula Salad is mixed with Grainy Mustard Dressing, which complements a roast lunch or dinner perfectly, and takes a lot of the stress off the cook!
POTATO AND ARUGULA (ROCKET) SALAD WITH GRAINY MUSTARD DRESSING
3 Tbsp grainy mustard
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp white wine vinegar/apple cider vinegar (or any other light-colored vinegar)
Pinch of sea salt (to taste)
24oz / 680g waxy baby potatoes, cut in half
3 cups loosely packed (1.5oz / 20g) rocket leaves
- Bring a medium-sized pot of water to the boil. Add 1 tsp salt and the baby potatoes (cut in half) to the water, and boil for around 10 minutes (until tender – do not overcook!). Once the potatoes are cooked, drain them and lay them on a plate or tray to cool to room temperature.
- While the potatoes are boiling, prepare the grainy mustard dressing by whisking the dressing ingredients together. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- When the potatoes are at room temperature, pour the mustard dressing in the bottom of a large bowl and drop the potatoes on top of the dressing. With a spatula (use a spatula to keep the potatoes intact), gently fold the potatoes and dressing together until evenly combined.
- Fold in the rocket leaves.
- Refrigerate and serve cold or at room temperature.