This salad recipe uses just a few ingredients, but each one stands out on its own. I paired young tender red chard leaves with radishes, not only for aesthetic purposes (they share the same beautiful shade of bright red) but also because the sharpness of the radishes contrasts nicely with the earthy flavor of the leaves. The feta brings some nice creaminess to the salad, and the Honey-Mustard Dressing balances all the flavors well.
RED CHARD AND RADISH SALAD WITH HONEY-MUSTARD DRESSING
Dressing Ingredients: (makes 1/2 cup of dressing)
6 Tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar / apple cider vinegar
2 tsp dijon mustard
2 tsp honey
Generous pinch of salt
Pepper, to taste
8oz / 200g red chard (small leaves), cut any long stems
6 radishes, sliced thinly into discs
8oz / 200g feta cheese, diced or crumbled
- Prepare the Honey-Mustard Dressing by combining all dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake well. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Wash and dry the red chard leaves, and trim any long red stems so that they are no longer than one inch.
- Wash and slice the radishes into thin discs.
- Dice or crumble the feta cheese.
- Refrigerate all ingredients until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, toss the red chard leaves with just enough dressing to lightly coat each leaf (do not use all the dressing because you will need some to drizzle on top of the salad as well).
- Place the lightly dressed red chard leaves on individual plates. Scatter the diced radishes on top of the leaves and place the feta in a small pile in the center.
- Drizzle a little Honey-Mustard Dressing on top of the feta and radishes, and serve immediately.