I love serving it as part of a roast dinner since it makes such a healthy and refreshing sauce on the side. It is very easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time, which means that you don’t have to worry about hastily making gravy at the last minute (or worry about lumps in your gravy!).
2 cups Greek or thick yogurt
2 garlic cloves, minced or grated
1/2 medium cucumber
1 tsp Extra Virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp white wine or apple cider vinegar
Generous pinch of sea salt
- Measure 2 cups of Greek or thick yogurt in a measuring cup.
- Using a cheese-grater, grate 2 garlic cloves and add them to the yogurt.
- Grate 1/2 a medium cucumber. Squeeze all the excess liquid out of the grated cucumber using your hands over a bowl or the sink (no need to squeeze it through a cloth). Add the cucumber to the yogurt.
- Stir until evenly combined.
- Add the olive oil, vinegar and salt, and stir well.
- Taste and add more salt, olive oil or vinegar if necessary.
- Refrigerate and serve cold as a dip or as a healthy sauce for roasted meat.