I was introduced to Watermelon and Feta salad on the beautiful Greek island of Santorini, served every morning with breakfast. Watermelon and feta are exact opposites, and that is probably why they manage to bring out the best in each other. The watermelon is much sweeter, crunchier and juicier while the feta shows off its silky creamy qualities.
I have seen recipes for Watermelon and Feta Salad which call for dressing the salad with lime and mint. I think it’s too much. I enjoy the simplicity of this salad.
WATERMELON AND FETA SALAD
1/4 – 1/2 whole piece of watermelon, sliced into small triangles
200g Feta cheese, crumbled
- Slice your watermelon piece into thick wedges.
- Remove the thick skin and discard.
- Slice the watermelon wedges into triangles of equal thickness.
- Arrange the watermelon triangles on a platter.
- Crumble or dice the feta cheese on a chopping board. Scatter on top of the watermelon.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.