Multi-coloured tomatoes always inspire me to make a flat salad to show off the tomatoes’ different hues and shapes.
My recipe for ‘Tomato and Goat Cheese Salad with Pea Shoots’ is very simple, using only a few ingredients. As is the case with most simple things, quantities are not as important as quality of ingredients in this recipe.
TOMATO and GOAT CHEESE SALAD with PEA SHOOTS
Ingredients: (quantities should be according to taste)
2-3 handfuls of ripe tomatoes
A log of soft crumbly goat cheese
A scattering of pea shoots (or other microgreens)
A good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
A drizzle of balsamic vinegar
A pinch of sea salt
- In a flat platter, crumble a log of soft crumbly goat cheese. The amount of goat cheese you use should depend on your preference for it.
- Wash and dry your tomatoes and cut them into bite-size pieces. Place them on top of the goat cheese.
- Wash and dry your pea shoots or other microgreens. Scatter them on top of the salad.
- At this point, you can refrigerate your salad (covered) for upto 24 hours until ready to serve.
- Before serving, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and a pinch of sea salt.